Kastoria is a marvelous destination for conferences, where natural beauty meets culture and rich history.
This beautiful corner of Western Macedonia is a year-round destination, as its absolute trademark, Lake Orestiada, paints each season with unique colors and an ambience that captivates you from the very first moment.
City of Kastoria
– Enjoy the lake that encircles the city of Kastoria, just 7 kms away from the peninsula with a leisurely stroll, by bicycle or car.
– Travel back in time by visiting more than 70 Byzantine churches in the city of Kastoria.
– Walk through the narrow stone-built alleys in Doltsos and enjoy the unique architecture of the famous mansions.
– Photograph and feed the ducks that roam around the lake.
– Do not forget to visit the prehistoric lake settlement, the dragon’s cave, the freshwater aquarium, the Byzantine museum.
– Visit one of the local wineries and continue your tour to the nearby Amyntaio of Florina with many famous wineries.
– Take day trips to the Prespes lakes, in the traditional settlement of Nymfaio and visit the shelter of the brown bear.
– Visit one of the two nearby ski resorts of Vitsi or Pisoderi.
– buy or taste the famous local variety of beans called ¨Gigantes ¨
– buy Kastoria apples and their rich aromas.
– Try the local hard cheese with a slightly spicy and salty taste called “baguette”.
– Try local traditional recipes such as sherds, macaws and more.
– Kastoria has an airport with direct flights from Athens.
– The distance from Thessaloniki is only one hour and thirty minutes through the Egnatia highway.
Visit Kastoria for organizing a conference or taking part in a corporate meeting and discover its beauty, the natural wonders and the mythical history that has touched the place and left such a splendid mark throughout the centuries!